Facebook & Website Policies
Facebook Comments Policy
The City of Snohomish maintains its Facebook page as a public service to provide information about City programs, services, projects, issues, events and activities. Posts and comments from the public are encouraged, however the City Facebook Page is a limited public forum.
Posted content (comments, photos, links, etc.) must be related to discussion of City or community programs, services, projects, issues, events and activities.
Facebook content is moderated by City staff during business hours. Comments that violate the standards listed here will be removed ("hidden") from our page. Comments will not be edited.
The following content is prohibited:
- Postings that are prohibited under state law, such as comments that support or oppose political candidates or ballot propositions, (RCW 42.52.180);
- Promotion or advertising commercial services, businesses or products except as determined by the City to be essential to economic development;
- Religious statements, including comments that endorse or oppose any type of religion, religious opinions or activities;
- Profane or sexual language, violent, offensive, harassing, or threatening content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, socioeconomic status, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or other protected status;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems or which incite or encourage the public to take actions contrary to law or public safety.
All posts and comments are public records subject to public disclosure under the Public Records Act.