Animal Control Issues

Leash Law

Allowing any animal to run at large is prohibited in the City of Snohomish. No animal except domestic cats shall be allowed to run at large during any hour of the day or night upon any unenclosed lands, public or private, within the city limits, or upon any public street, avenue, alley, or other public place within the city. Permitting any animal to run at large is punishable by a $100 fine per animal, per incident.

Animal Cruelty, Neglect, or Aggressive Dogs

Contact an police officer by calling 911. Either a patrol officer or the community service officer will be dispatched to gather initial information and take any immediate action that may be necessary.

Nuisance and Barking Dogs

To report a nuisance or barking dog in your area, please dial 911. Continuous and ongoing problems of this sort should also be reported to Snohomish Police Animal Control at 425-388-6273.

Information for the Barking Dog’s owner

Problems such as excessive barking can result in neighborhood disputes and violations of animal control ordinances. For information regarding how to alter your dog’s barking behaviors, please view the animal control barking dog help sheet.


If you have questions or concerns regarding wildlife in your area, please contact Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife at 425-775-1311.

For issues regarding raccoon problems, please visit the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife's resources on living with wildlife.